Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy new year!


On the last day of the year I did an imaginary summer landscape... must be the lack of light in Sweden this time of year that inspired it. Like yesterday I chose some colours to work with, to try to limit myself a bit, but it´s harder to mix the Neocolor II crayons than ordinary paints, so it was difficult to get all the nuances I wanted from the chosen colours. I dipped the crayons in water to work wet and tried to keep out the fine details.

Anyway, Happy New Year, everybody, I hope 2008 will bring you much joy and happiness, and just the right amount of hardship to better appreciate the good things in life!

15 x 20,5 cm, light gray Pitt brush pen and Neocolor II crayons on drawing paper (that dissolves and makes a mess if you work in too many layers with wet crayons on it...).

12 comments:

Felicity Grace said...

Happy New Year to you too Nina, and thank you for all the inspiration you have given and continue to give me!

caseytoussaint said...

Happy New Year, Nina. This is exactly what I want to look as we go towards a new year. Thank you for all the inspiration in 2007 - I'll be watching your blog closely in 2008.

Ann said...

Happy New Year Nina. I love this drawing. In fact I want to be there! It's really wonderful in color and mood. You have already inspired me this new year to try my materials in a new way.

Lin said...

WHAT A FABULOUS LANDSCAPE, NINA!! It has all the sunshineyness of summer !! LOVE IT!! HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS!!! Here's to more painting in 2008!

bettyfromtexas said...

Happy New Year to you, Nina! I love this painting and the mood it evokes. Have a wonderful 2008!!

mARTa said...

I only wish I could bottle some of my sunshine today and send it your way! Continue to inspire us this year with your lovely art and beautiful colors! A most Happy New Year!

Pippa * Jeanne said...

Truly beautiful & inspiring, Nina!

And what a courageous New Year's wish ... the very same to you. May this be a SPECIAL year!

Anita Davies said...

Lovely work, these neocolor look like fun!
Happy New Year Nina, your blog has been an inspiration!

Rita said...

Just wanted to let you know that you can use them with a brush, too--just wiping a wet brush to the tip. I have used them with a watercolor brush--the kind you fill with water--and with regular brushes. I keep a very small porcelain palette with them, too, in case I want to thin the color out. They are very portable. :)
Happy New year!

Laura Frankstone said...

Happy new year, Nina! I'm with Casey and everyone else---I love your work and your blog.

José Louro said...

Same to you.
I miss the summer...

Inger Carina said...

Wonderful image! Needed the thought of summertime. The early darkness of days here in Stockholm makes you want to stay in bed all day :) (at least in a cafè) Gott nytt år till dig också! Man längtar efter ljuset, men det har vänt nu. Snart är det vår igen! Kind regards Inger Carina