Sunday, May 11, 2008

Drawing in the car


Car rides are great for sketching (unless you´re driving). I like trying to make quick watercolour sketches while the landscape quickly changes outside the car window. Of course, this place doesn´t exist exactly as it looks here. This is just some kind of composition from several glances out the window, kind of trying to catch the character of a landscape.

12.5 x 9 cm, pencil and watercolours (working with a Niji waterbrush here) on Fabriano Artistico hot press paper.

10 comments:

Anita Davies said...

I wish I could do the same Nina but me and travelling just do not mix well....unless I am driving, then I'm fine and everyone else suffers. LOL!
Great sketch as usual!

Lisa Adams Reed said...

Your talent is mind boggling!

Shelly McC said...

Wow! Gorgeous!

Ann said...

Beautiful watercolor - as always - except this was from a moving vehicle! Wow.

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

oooooo I dont know what kind of pens these are but this is wonderful my dear...just wonderful!!!

Leslie said...

Nina, this is beautiful. I've tried doing this before, but I think I need a lot more practice!

Jennifer Lawson said...

Beautiful, as usual, Nina. I can't believe you did this from a moving vehicle...amazing.

Bill said...

Hi Nina,
This is my favorite among your recent sketches (I do like the others too).
I like the variety in your greens and the way the yellowish ground cover harmonizes with those greens.
Nice work. I think you did get the feel of the area.

Cathy Gatland said...

This is lovely - I've been on so many long car trips - wish I'd thought of painting the scenery (though I suspect I may, like Anita, have not felt too good after a while!)

Buy Wow Gold said...

WOW Gold, World of Warcraft Gold - Buy WOW gold at our shop, fast delivery of WoW gold and unbeatable prices make us so popular within the World of Warcraft community!